By this stage, you are probably highly motivated by the advantages of outsourcing your mobile app development and you are keen to get started. There question now is where to begin?
How Do I Choose an Offshore development Team for My Mobile App?
The first place to start is by having a clear definition of your project and the solutions you require from an outsourcing provider. It is important that the company you chose is able to meet all of your needs. Look at outsourcing websites and social media platforms. This will give you a good overview of the company, the quality of their services, the culture, and their reputation.
You should pay close attention to the portfolio of a company. This will show you the experience they have had in different industries. You will discover the technologies they specialize in and whether they are dedicated to UI and UX design too. Find out if they have developed apps for Android, iOS, or Hybrid. This information is critical to determine whether the company has the ability to complete your project.
Once you have narrowed down your choices, it is time to contact some companies. Make sure you have a list of things you want to know and of course your project description at hand. Here are some things that you should be discussed with the potential offshore outsourcing provider:
- Their experience with app development in your industry
- Their methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- How they communicate with clients
- The technology stack they use and whether this is flexible
- If they are supported by business partners (Google, Microsoft, etc.)
- Their work culture, ethics, values
- If there is a possibility to create a prototype before coding begins
Outsourcing Service Models
You should find out about the company’s service models as this is related to the responsibility of the project development.
- Project-based- the team is responsible for the quality of the product while the client sets the task, budget, and timeframe.
- Dedicated Team- the team that the client chooses will be responsible for the whole project.
- Extended Team- part of the project is outsourced and the rest is completed in-house.
Finally, you should ask the company about which of the different forms they use.
- Staff augmentation- the developer will work as part of the in-house team.
- Specialist outsourcing- when there is a part of the project that is outsourced because it requires specialized knowledge.
- Full custom software development- with a variety of outsourcing options, the project is left in the hands of the outsourcing provider.
The Stages of Outsourcing Mobile App development
Just like the development of an app, the process of outsourcing has a number of steps.
- Choosing the right outsourcing firm
As mentioned above, you should have researched the various companies, asked the right questions, and found an outsourcing firm that can meet all of your needs. By now, you will also have discovered if they provide a project manager, whether they are able to provide maintenance support and you should have your budget prepared.
This stage requires a breakdown of what needs to be done to get your app onto the market. Principally, deciding whether it will be Android, iOS, Hybrid, or native. With your development team, you need to set a time frame for each stage depending on the features of the app. For example, push notifications take longer to develop than other features.
- Creating the app
This step can also be broken down into smaller stages to ensure that each code written functions correctly and there are no bugs. This stage may include frontend and backend programming, UI and UX design, and quality assurance.
- Releasing your product
The time for implementation has finally arrived and your app has been developed, tested, and is now ready for the market.
Even after testing, it is quite common to find some issues with the app once it has been released. Things need to be changed or updated and this is normally an ongoing process.
Is Outsourcing Mobile App Development the Right Choice for My Project?
The question to ask yourself is whether you will benefit from a vast talent pool without having to pay higher rates. It might seem like an overwhelming process, but the success of your project comes down to choosing the right outsourcing company. Locations like Eastern Europe offer excellent rates and quality services. The culture and time zones are also very favorable, so it is a good idea to begin your search here.