Why should you outsource to Romania?
Romania is set to reclaim its No. 1 Ranking for outsourcing in Europe after constantly climbing in international rankings.
Have you ever wondered why companies around the world outsource to Romania, here are just some of the most important reasons:
- Romania is the fastest growing market in the European Union in IT outsource services
- Romania is a member of the European Union since January 1, 2007. As a result, legal and financial issues are more simplified. This represents a guarantee that outsourcing to Romania any kind of projects will be legally confirmed.
- Romania’s geographic position relative to the world’s major Western business hubs also makes it a much more appealing option than popular outsourcing destinations in Asia.
- The time zone is an important element that needs to be considered when you are outsourcing IT projects. Services and products need to be provided with maximum efficiency. Romania has the advantage of being in a time zone that is only an hour ahead of just at most Central and Western European countries, with the exception of the UK, Portugal, and Iceland, where the time difference is 2 hours. Despite the time difference between Romania and U.S., developers in Romania have adapted and can easily collaborate with U.S. clients, thanks to an overlap of at least 3-4 hours when they can communicate directly with the client.
- While the demand for the highly qualified IT specialists in Romanian has constantly been on the rise, putting pressure on salaries, the costs of the workforce remained competitive when compared to those in most of the other countries in the Eastern European block. Due to cheap labor, you can save 30-50% of your labor costs.
- The software developers in Romania are highly competent and experienced with various software methodologies (both traditional and Agile), technologies such as C, C++, .NET, Java, PHP, Mobile and a great number of niche technologies.
- With over 6000 IT&C engineers and computer science graduates, each year and more than 41 Technical Universities located mainly in the main university centers of Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi, Timisoara and Brasov, Romania offers plenty of choices for software outsourcing.
- Research from ABSL and the European Commission shows that an astonishing 90 percent of those aged between 18 and 30 years old speak English, a figure that is still on the rise. In addition, 26 percent of that demographic speak French – the highest percentage for a European country excluding France, Switzerland, and Belgium – 17 percent speak Spanish, 8 percent German and 5 percent Italian.
- Romania’s geographical position is also an advantage – at 1-3 hours of flight distance to most of the western and central European capitals. Several international airports can be found in Romania’s major cities (Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Sibiu) and Romania’s joining the European Union made travel fast and simple.
- Romania’s high-speed broadband internet ranked fourth worldwide is another key factor that makes the process convenient. With an average of around 50 megabits per second; the internet speed in Romania is in fact, 160% faster than the global average.
Outsourcing to Romania is already a common option for companies looking for an effective way to benefit from high-quality services at fair costs.
If outsourcing is a part of your business plan for this year and you want a long-term, dedicated partner, you should give Romania a closer look.